Thursday, September 20, 2012

White Sands, NM



After visiting White Sands on our way out here, I am not sure if I have ever seen anything else like it.  I was in complete awe of the surroundings and just how amazing it really is out there. 

The sand is from this type of rock that is no stronger than the human fingernail! Everyday, the mounds are different.  When we walked around, the sand is so fine, it felt similar to walking on snow.  I just couldn't believe anything like this existed! As much as I love the South and the beautiful scenery we have, the scenery out here is very different and just as breathtaking. 

At the visitor's center, they offer the little sand sleds to ride down the mounds, but I didn't really feel up to that.  The Captain had done it before, so I was not enthused too much.  I was too busy with taking in the wonderful sunset. 

I will never  be able to express how beautiful it is, nor can I capture it on camera properly.  White Sands was the one thing I begged Captain to let me see on our trip.  I had seen pictures and he explained how amazing it is, but nothing he said actually prepared me for the view.

I know I am rambling, and I apologize.  Here are some pictures so you can see for yourself! :)


Captain likes to play GWAC (guy with a camera)



No comments:

Post a Comment