Monday, August 26, 2013

Summer 2013

Well, it has been a few months since I last blogged and since I am stuck at home, with my foot popped up, I figured now is as good a time as any.

The wedding was wonderful, even though it poured down rain and was a whopping 50 degrees! It was at Lake Guntersville State Park and we were still able to have it outside, since the lower terrace is partially covered.  The ceremony was a quick 10 - 15 minutes, but very memorable for David and me.  I am very thankful and blessed to have such an amazing family and friends that were willing to help with everything and try their best to be upbeat, despite the weather. 

Aaron Johnson was sweet enough to drive all the way from Atlanta just for the wedding, in the pouring down rain.  I will always be thankful for him and hope one day, I can repay his kindness.  My Uncle Scotty played the music, of course and some of David's friends and co-workers were sweet enough to participate in the traditional military segment of the ceremony.   Thank you to everyone that braved the rain and came out to share with us in our special day. :)

The reception was also memorable in that we danced, we visited, and David and I played the newlyweds game that my cousin, Andrew hosted.  We had the best time and all of our guests seemed to enjoy it as well.

After the reception, we headed to Lake Martin for the night.  David braved the rain and drove for us, of course.  The next day, it was still raining, but once we made it to Florida, it was clear and beautiful.  Disney World was great, but I wish I would've put a little more planning into the honeymoon.  Don't get me wrong, I loved it, we just weren't alone very much.

After the honeymoon, my parents reserved a house in Carillon Beach, close to Panama City Beach, FL.  The whole family went on the trip and we had a great time! I am always the single one, sleeping in the kids' room with the nieces.  It was nice to finally have my husband there to enjoy and spend time with my family. 

David and I had a great summer, even though I was working full-time at chiropractor's office.  So far, it has been the best summer of my life! :) Married life is better than I ever imagined!!

I will post pictures another time of events over the last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment