Sunday, January 13, 2013

Proposal

I haven't blogged in awhile, but y'all know how the holidays are...

This year was a fantastic Christmas and probably the best one I have ever been a part of.  It will definitely remain the most memorable.

The Captain and I had to figure out arrangements for Christmas and decided we would have Christmas Eve with my family, and do Christmas Day at his dad's house in Homewood.  Dave kept saying "This is going to be the last Bacon Christmas".

Apparently, he had talked with Mom, Daddy, Emily and Matt and they agreed the engagement would be the best if executed on Christmas Eve, with everyone there.  Well, we were getting ready to head to Guntersville that day and Dave had been edgy for most of it.  I had asked him a couple times what was wrong and I repeatedly got the same answer.  "Nothing is wrong, I'm fine."

After we got to Mom and Daddy's and talked for awhile, Mom told Emily to go pick up ice and she insisted I go with her.  While we were gone, The Captain talked to my parents and made sure he had their blessing to marry me.

We get back, eat, and begin to open gifts.  We had the best time with the girls!

Dave gave me a few gifts at the house and everyone was happy with what they received.  After that, David asked me to point out my favorite ornament on the tree.  After the wreck in 2002, when I was hanging on by a thread, Mom bought some butterflies to go on the tree.  They signified the miracle of me surviving and ending up almost normal. ;-)

I started looking on the tree for them, but only found one.  Well, Emily jumps in and starts to point others out.  David had placed the ring on one of the butterflies and I could not believe it when I saw it.  I immediately began tearing up... I even up the ring on my finger before he asked!!! :)
Then he of course, popped the question.  Obviously, I said yes and am thrilled! I cannot wait to marry this wonderful man that I have been so blessed to find.

Everyone in my family approves! David had told his sister he was proposing on Christmas Eve so when we left my parents' house, we celebrated in Homewood with champagne.  They were just as happy!

We have set the date, booked the venue, picked the flowers, ordered my  dress, picked out invitations (which I am ordering next week), and booked the honeymoon!
The wedding will take place on May 5th at the Lake Guntersville State Park.  The Captain will wear his uniform and we are HOPING to have some of the National Guard guys to come and hold the sabers to walk through. :)

Here is a link to the proposal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU1A4g9jNjM


And here's the ring:  1.01 ct Assher Cut (center stone), 1.35 total ct wt. VVS2 Clarity and F Color




No comments:

Post a Comment